We've fast-forwarded to April now. In mid-April, I was "chosen to participate in the Workforce Management Program" at Agilent Technologies. Now, for those of you who aren't fluent in B.S., that means I got laid off. I was surprised, but in that company, how many times CAN one dodge the bullet?
The worst part was having to come home and tell Mr. W., "Oh, I got laid off. And by the way, I'm on a plane to Kansas City in the morning." I'd already planned to go to Chickenstock 2003 (wonderful ladies, online quilting buddies, been together for ages, great time). Fortunately - and surprisingly - Mr. W. didn't freak out.
There were a few days (3 of which I was in Missouri) that we went back and forth, back and forth - move, don't move, move, don't move, sell the house, take a road trip.... so many things to decide!
By about the 15th, we'd decided to move to my dad's house in Vancouver. Short side trip - Vancouver WASHINGTON, not Canada. We're 7 miles north of the Oregon border; close enough to get the pollution from Portland. No, we are not in the Seattle area, and no, we are not close to Victoria.
Geez, another side trip. I used to live in Vancouver. My youngest, The Boy, was born here almost 21 years ago. I got divorced in Vancouver. Fortunately, I have a really, really bad memory, so I don't hold any lingering dislike for the place itself.
Okay, where were we? Oh. We decided to move. Fast forward a week or so, we started interviewing realtors. After another week, we decided on Anita Anderson from ReMax in Fair Oaks (this is a shameless plug). Anita ROCKS. We told her we didn't want to be bothered until we'd gotten the Sacramento home ready to go. We told her we didn't want to be there (as in, in California) when the house was being shown. We told her that we needed her to handle details. She did all that and MORE. If you want to sell or buy in that area, she is definitely a go-to person. She's professional and she knows her stuff. Wow.
Next: Real Estate In Sacramento
Not necessarily interesting info and updates on the move-in and decorating adventures at our new home in Vancouver.
Followers
Blog Archive
Check out some of my pictures
Start At The Beginning
- A Real Piece Of Work Leaves Us
- The Unthinkable Happens
- Real Estate In Sacramento
- The Best Laid Plans
- When It Rains...
- The Comfy Room
- About Cigarette Smoking
- Why Machete Journey?
- Painting in Small Spaces
- What About Truoc?
- So, How's the Weather Up There?
- The Sewing Studio Walls
- Rhododendrons and Dachshunds
- <$BlogPreviousItemTitle$>
Mr. W.'s book!
About Me
- T
- Cast of characters: Me (T), on my fifth 'career' and second husband. Officially a quilter, but since discovering knitting, found it's easier to knit than to quilt while sitting on my butt in front of the TV. Not born-to-be a mother, but still managed to raise The Girl and The Boy, who each now have offspring of their own (but DON'T call me that "G" word!). Mr. Wonderful, my rock, my love, my conscience. J - My best friend. K - J's husband. L - my teaching backup and pattern designing partner - a fellow quilter who's got even more gadgets than I do! Puppybutt, the cutest, sweetest and most loving little pooch in my universe!
